Support and promote earth-friendly practices in homes and workplaces that will heal and nurture all life on earth. Contact Janet Remington if you are interested. Primary Activities include:
• Participate in bi-monthly meetings (second Tuesday) at 7:30pm.
• Participate with the community in our Adopt-a-Road Clean-up activity in the spring and fall. Adopt-a-Road current event flyer
• Gather information on Earth Day weekend activities (closest to April 22) and publish guide. Earthcare activity guide
• Promote recycling efforts with the parish community.
• Care for Parking lot planting beds.
Identify health care needs and provide assistance and support to community members. Contact Pat Fleming, RN, if you are interested in helping: 248-651-7467. Primary Activities include:
• Gather and publish healthy lifestyle and health information.
• Organize and assist in multiple blood drives every year.
• Give monthly blood pressure checks for community members.
• Organize annual flu and pneumonia vaccines for community members.
Provide temporary physical support to community members and their physical needs. Contact Casey Jones, if you are interested: 248-373-6457 x3107. Primary Activities include:
• Provide rides and do errands for parishioners facing physical hardship.
• Work with Companion Ministers to provide SJF Soup for You to homebound parishioners.
Facilitate the education of the community around Catholic Social Teaching principles, current events regarding injustices and how the Catholic Social principles should apply in this context for conscience formation. Contact Sue Buratto if you are interested..
Primary Activities include:
• Attend monthly meetings at 8am on the first Sunday of the month from September through June.
• Be the voice of the poor and the victims of injustice by addressing current issues at the state and national levels through programming and written materials.
• Provide the community with Information for conscience formation on issues of good citizenship.
Information and Publications: (click to view pdf)
Voice for Justice Newsletters: March 2017, October 2016, April 2016, February 2016, November 2015, May 2015, February 2015
Info Sheet "Ways You Can Help America Work"
Caring for God's Earth: Proposal Local Gas/Oil Drilling (ie "Fracking Light")
Voting - a right or a duty
In the dark of the night...are children getting hurt? / drug testing
Provide opportunities for the larger community to assist those in need by sharing our resources of time, talent and treasure and connecting these activities with Catholic Social Teaching. Contact Joe Pauwels if you are interested: 248-373-6457 x3302. Primary Activities include:
• Attend meetings on the first Tuesday of the month, 7pm from September through June.
• Assess and respond to the needs of those in our own parish and within the Pontiac Area Vicariate.
• Emphasize and strengthen our connection with our sister community Ellacuria, El Salvador to foster understanding and solidarity.
• Educate the community on social issues and concerns through articles and guest speakers.
Place of HOPE Warming Center - January 23-29, 2017. Click here to Cook/Serve/Clean-up. Click here for Food Donations.
Sock and Underwear Drives - September 17 - October 16 and January - Early February
Day of Service Photos from 2016 Event
Adopt-A-Road - Sunday, October 1 Online Sign Up
Manna Soup Kitchen
South Oakland Shelter
Place of HOPE Warming Center - February 2017
Back to School Drive - Now through August 28 Suggested Supply List
Collecting Uniforms: Pontiac Schools Project - Now through August 28 List of uniform needs
Fall Food Drive
Thanksgiving Food Drive
Thanksgiving Pie Fest
Make A Difference Market: Alternative Gift Giving during Advent
Spring Food Drive here between Make a difference and christmas in action
Christmas in Action
Jail and Outreach Christmas Stamp Drive
Women’s group concerned with promoting peace and non-violence within our local community and extending it throughout the world. Contact Liz Loria if you are interested: 248-375-1327. Primary Activities include:
• Attend monthly meetings on the third Wednesday of the month at 7pm.
• Bring awareness of opportunities for peace and hope through publishing book reviews and other human-interest stories to our community.
• Support the international women’s organization, PeaceXPeace, through monthly sponsorship and correspondence with our sponsored woman.
• Sponsor projects that generate peaceful resolution through global and local non-violent measures.
• Participate in projects like Pennies for Peace.
• Attend monthly peace vigils.
Top of Page
Promote and provide opportunities for lay people to become aware of religious vocations and lay ministry opportunities. Contact Dick Brennan if you are interested: 248-377-9146. Primary Activities include:
• Raise awareness of the opportunities and understanding of religious vocations and lay ministry by publicizing programs and publishing information in the bulletin, website and newsletter.
• Open avenues of networking opportunities to individuals discerning religious life or lay ministry.